Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What You Love, Part 1


If you woke up tomorrow with only the parts of your body you truly loved, you be missing some pieces.  I know I'd be missing my stomach and my heels.  Be honest with yourself.  If you suddenly lost the pieces of your body you don't love, what would you have left?  We're assuming internal organs go away if the outer covering goes away.  I know for some of you out there, all that'd be left is a pair of floating eyes and maybe  some toenails.  For others, you'd be a ghost with nothing left.
I want you to focus on what would be missing and figure out something positive about it.  I don't mean false positive, like "well, my thighs aren't as thick as tree trunks."  I mean real positive, like "my belly may be big, but the skin is smooth" or "my calves may be toothpicks, but they still work and get me from point A to point B." 
I want you to do this for every single thing that would be missing.  Write it down, tuck it away.  On days you don't feel so great about yourself, pull it out and read it.  You'll be amazed at how much reminding yourself that your body doesn't completely suck does for your self confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment