Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Puppy Power!

1) Bead and chain necklace, $0.50, Claire's
2) Abstract swirly tee, $3.49, Target via Goodwill
3) Sequin waist maxi skirt, $20, BCBG via eBay
4) Jaya shoes, $30, Vibram FiveFingers via eBay

(Note: The Jayas in the link are not the same model as mine.  Mine were designed for indoors surfaces with a mostly leather sole and thin leather upper.  Same cut and style, though.  The new one is just designed to be more outdoor friendly.)
Every time I wear this skirt, I wonder why I don't wear it more often.  It's ridiculously comfortable, and VERY tomboy friendly.  I can do almost every movement and motion I can do in jeans.  It's also one of the very few maxi skirts I've EVER found without a drawstring and/ or  elastic waist, which is why I was willing to deal with the sequins and beadwork at the waist.  I may eventually rip it out, but for now, I kinda like it. 
For those unaware, I have a death warrant out for elastic waisted anything.  I wore it most of my childhood (Go, tiny toothpick kid!) and still despise it to this day.  I also associate with old people's clothes.  I don't care if it's a relatively adult looking design, or if it's integral to the design, the instant I find elastic in the waist, it goes back on the rack.
My puppy also played nice and behaved for this series of photos, actually showing herself this time!  (If you hafta know, she's wearing a blue harness from the cheapo Petsmart line.)

1 comment:

  1. I mostly can't stand elastic waists because they are uncomfortable! I feel the same way about turtlenecks (except one makes me need to pee, and the other chokes me).

    ReplyDelete