Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sailor Moccasins

1) Necklace (unseen), gift
2) tunic style shirt with crocheted shoulders, $0.01, Wet Seal
3) Jeans, $15, Old Navy
4) Sew- Your- Own Moccasins, $24, Michael's

For those who've been asking a casual cheapass look, this is it.  Shirt, jeans, necklace, flats.  No, those shoes don't have a rubberized bottom, just a thin layer of leather.  I've been hunting for decent minimalist moccasins where I don't pay an arm and a leg. A trip to the local  craft store and 3 hours later, I got them.  (Granted, one of those hours was me cussing and swearing because the manufacturer had been kind enough to glue in the insole I wanted to remove, but that's neither here nor there.)
Yes, that's my puppy deciding not to pose for the photo. Getting her to look at the camera and not lick my hands is an idea we're still working on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I've been eyeing those moccasin kits, wondering if I can adapt them for different styles. I might see about getting a sheet of Vibram rubber so I can make them last longer outside.

    ReplyDelete