Monday, September 3, 2012

Dances with Dogs

 
1) Geode slice necklace, $1, Kohl's
2) Blue polka dot dress, $9, Gap Outlet
3) white and "wood" wedges, $5, Melrose

This was my first day to experiment with the timer on my phone.  I've known about it for a while, but never really played with it.  Not bad for the front camera on a phone.  That's a shot facing from the back of the back yard towards the house, because I couldn't get a decent shot in the patio.  The black animal is actually my dog, Kasumi.  She's all of 12 weeks old, which is all the explanation I'm giving for why a Labrador retriever mix is that small.
I was hesitant to try this dress on up in Chicago.  Dresses with empire waistlines generally do not play well with my body shape, but I loved the neckline and pattern.  So, I gave it a shot.  I'd say it worked out well, even if it is all polyester. I know, I know, I'm breaking my natural fabrics rule AGAIN, but let's face it, sometimes, you just hafta deal with less than optimal fabrics when a piece of clothing is otherwise perfect and needs NO alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment